Homeschool Tracker is comprehensive lesson planning, organizing and record-keeping software designed to adapt to your particular homeschooling style in a simple yet sophisticated way.
Use Homeschool Tracker to assist in meeting the mandatory reporting requirements of your local authorities or simply to maintain a log of your child's homeschooling career.
With Homeschool Tracker, you have access to your homeschooling records anywhere you have an internet connection. Use your PC, Mac, laptop, tablet, iPad or other devices with browser connectivity to the internet to view and manage your records wherever you are!
What can I do with Homeschool Tracker?
You can keep records of your Student's homeschooling activities to whatever degree of detail works best for you. Read here to learn how it all works. Here are just some of the features available:
- Attendance - track days of school, 1/2 days, choose to track the amount of time spent in school each day. You can manually enter time, or have Homeschool Tracker track it for you using the Time Spent or Sessions fields.
- Assignments - create records of work your student is doing in each area of study. You can create Assignments in advance so that you can provide your Student with a 'to-do' list, or you can enter work after the fact, or a little bit of both. Each Assignment can include as much detail as you like including Subject, Course, Activity, Resource, Page/Lesson/Chapter information, Topic, Directions for the Student, Notes to yourself, etc.
- Chores & Appointments - create a complete day for your student including outside activities in addition to school work
- Grading - you can enter grades for any of your Student's work. Grade all Assignments, some Assignments, or none at all. It is entirely up to you. You can create the Grading Scales you want and you can even set up weighted grading if needed. You can generate Report Cards and Transcripts based on the data entered.
- Lesson Plans - set up work in advance and assign to your Students as needed. Lesson Plans are reusable for multiple student and multiple years.
- Library - maintain a list of the books and other resources used in your homeschool. Quick entry for books using the ISBN lookup feature.
- Reports - generate Report Cards, Transcripts, Assignment lists and more in printed form or as a PDF.
- Reschedule - move things around when 'life' happens and schedules don't go as planned.
- Student Access - allow your students to see their assignments and track their progress on line.
How can I access my records?
You can access Homeschool Tracker from any device using Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera, Safari and most Android browsers.
Each user of your account will have their own username and password. Edited items will show when they were edited and by whom. For your Students who have access, you will determine which areas of the program they can see and which items they may edit.
What about grading?
Grading is optional in Homeschool Tracker. You can grade all, some or none of your Student's work, as desired. You can set up your own grading scales - determining what letter grades are awarded for which percentage grades. You can set the grade points you want for each letter grade so your high schoolers can have a GPA on their Transcript.
My high schooler needs a transcript! Can I do that?
Absolutely! If you use Homeschool Tracker throughout your Student's high school career, transcripts are a breeze. Just choose the transcript report, set a few report parameters and your Student will have the documentation he or she needs for their next steps in life. If you haven't used Homeschool Tracker for all of their high school years, no worries!! You can easily add minimal information into Homeschool Tracker to generate a complete transcript.
I'm a planner - what's in it for me?
The Lesson Plan feature allows you to create as many lesson plans as you like. Lesson Plans are created with no particular dates or students assigned to them so that they can be reused as often as you like to create Assignments for your Students over the years. Even in a one-student homeschool, you might find it easier to do all your lesson planning over the summer before the school year begins so that your daily and weekly work of generating assignments will take up a very small amount of your time.
Don't want to bother with Lesson Plans? No problem. You can create Assignments directly in your Student's Agenda so everything is prepped and ready to go!
Ugh - do I have to do all that planning ahead?
No, not at all! Use Homeschool Tracker in the way that works best for you and your Homeschool. You can plan work out in advance, you can document every single assignment your student completes, you can enter work after the fact, or only enter representative assignments of his or her work throughout the year. To generate an entry in a Report Card or Transcript, you only need to enter a single Assignment per Subject/Course per Term which has been graded and marked as completed.
In fact, you can simply create placeholder assignments for your Student for the entire year for each subject area and you or your Student can fill in details of what was actually done on that day as you go along. With this solution - if you don't get to a Subject on a particular day, you can just delete the entry. See Tips for Unschoolers for more workflow ideas!
I need reports! Can you help?
Homeschool Tracker will take the data you have entered and generate any number of reports, such as:
- To-Do lists for your Students - which can contain any or all of the following: Assignments, Chores, Appointments
- Attendance reports - for any date range you choose
- Resource lists - a list of the books and other materials used by your students in their studies
- Report Cards - create a yearly grade report that can also include attendance records and progress notes
- Transcripts - create a Transcript for as many school years as you like. You can also include additional information such as Activities & Achievements, Standardized Test results, and other Schools attended.
- and more...
How secure is my data?
Can my student access their own work?
You can do that! Each Student can have their own username and password to get access to their Assignments, Chores and Appointments. As the account administrator, you will set the limitations for which items they can view in the program as well as determining the kinds of items they may edit. Every edited item will show when and by whom the last change was made.
I have someone who helps me teach - can they have access?
A standard account allows for up to 20 students, one administrator/teacher sign in and three additional teacher-level accounts. You can use those slots for anyone you choose. You can contact us for information on purchasing additional account slots.
We're done homeschooling - how do I get my data in case I need it in the future?
You can generate any reports that you think you might need in the future and save the PDF files to your long-term storage area - whether that's a folder on your hard drive, a Dropbox location, your external backup drive, etc. In addition, you can use the Export feature of Homeschool Tracker to create .CSV files of each of your lesson plans, your entire library, and your Student's Agenda. The Agenda report can include every Assignment your Student ever did, if you wish. You will certainly want to generate and store copies of each Report Card and Transcript.
Do you offer a free trial?
We don't offer a free trial. We recommend starting with a monthly subscription as you have the option to cancel at any point prior to your renewal.
If you're still not ready to purchase a one-month subscription, we recommend watching our "Getting Started" video guide. It should give you a good idea of how the program works and how to get started.
How do I learn the program?
We have a "Getting Started" video guide that walks through setting up your school, creating assignments, generating lesson plans, and producing reports. Additionally, we have a very comprehensive and searchable user guide. Lastly, we offer unlimited e-mail support to get you going or to answer any questions you may have. Don't hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com.
What if I need more than 20 students?
The standard subscription for Homeschool Tracker includes one Administrator account (which can be used as a Teacher account), three additional Teacher accounts, and up to twenty (20) Students.
If you are interested in expanding your subscription plan beyond the standard package, please send us an email for further information.
Do you offer bulk discounts for co-ops or schools?
Yes, absolutely! If you are interested in purchasing as a co-op or if you have a large school, please fill out this form and we will get in touch!
I'm a Homeschool Tracker Plus or Basic user. Can I move to the online version?
What happened to Homeschool Tracker Plus?
Homeschool Tracker Plus (HST+) is no longer being sold to new customers. If you are an existing user, you can still get support for HST+ for the foreseeable future. You can learn more here.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Updated on 2015-11-12T17:45:58+00:00, by .